The programs and services within the Learning Supports Department assist students and staff in a variety of ways by partnering with the community and school-based staff to increase students’ social, emotional and behavioral health. In our work as a school system, we believe:
- Achieving social, emotional, behavioral, and mental health wellness for all is dependent upon collaboration across school, home, and community. Collaboration matters.
- Relationships, and the language we use to build them, are the keystone to our success. Relationships matter.
- We all (staff, families, students, and community) have background experiences that shape the way we view challenging behavior, mental health, mental illness, responding to positive and negative behavior, resilience, and supporting students in crisis. Background experiences matter.
- Collectively as a staff, we can empower each other to provide students with the tools and advocacy skills they need. We are the best models for our students. Educators matter.
- We can act in ways to increase resilience within ourselves, within our teams, and within our system. Self-care matters.